Forgetting Me

After so much hurt and pain,
I locked myself away.
My heart was beaten too badly,
My soul had turned to gray.
I vowed to never love,
The way I’ve always desired.
The loss of love in the past,
Had my heart beat and tired.
So I buried Lindsay in a closet,
She still believed in forever.
Portrayed myself as Lynzee,
All she knew was never.
With every new relationship,
Lindsay became forgotten.
Lynzee ignored that she existed,
After being hurt all too often.
He came out of no where,
And found the closet door.
Discovered the real Lindsay,
And reminded her of her dreams before.
He became Lindsay’s guide,
Encouraging her she’d succeed.
If only she’d find true love,
That would be all she’d ever need.
So here’s to taking chances,
Here’s to finding the one.
I couldn’t have done it without you,
Thank you for all you’ve done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

The real happy endings come after a story with a lot of ups and downs

Because love shouldn't hurt