Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.



Ok so I started writing this on my mom's birthday but couldn't bring myself to finish it so finally here it is!!!

Happy Birthday Mommy

Today is your 43rd birthday.
I thought it'd be easier by now.
But I think of your pretty face,
And in my tears I drown.
I'm trying to fight through the pain,
The heartache and the fears.
Remembering the good times you had,
In your brief 36 years.
Every time I'd ask
"Mom, what do I get you this year?"
"Write me a poem." You'd say,
And you always held it dear.
I always think of what it'd be like
If you were with us today.
But rather then a celebration,
This day only brings dismay.
You meant the world to me.
I never told you enough.
I miss you more then anything.
Even more when times get tough.
There are so many things I want to say.
So many things I wanted you to know.
I simply wish I would have told you
Before it was your time to go.
I'm trying to smile,
I'm trying to hide the pain,
I'm trying to be selfless,
But all I want is you back again.
So happy birthday mom,
Wish I could say it to your face.
But I know things are better now,
Because now you're in a better place.

                                                                                                                                                                                .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The real happy endings come after a story with a lot of ups and downs

Because love shouldn't hurt